Please note that this book is only suitable for the Apple Mac version of Excel 2016. (There’s also an Excel for Windows book available (ISBN: 9978-1-909253-09-4).
At long last there is now a professional Excel course available for Mac users.
By the end of the book you’ll be able to use all of the power available from the world’s most powerful business tool. Your Excel skills will be greater and broader than almost all other Excel users in the workplace. Mike Smart’s revolutionary teaching method provides an entirely new, easier and better way to learn Excel 2016 for Mac. Here are just six of the many ways in which this book is unique:
- This book won’t waste your time by teaching basic Excel 2016 for Mac skills that you already know. All of that material is covered already in our beginner’s Excel 2016 for Mac Essential Skills book. By assuming that you are already able to use Excel 2016’s basic features, far more ground can be covered.
- Every lesson is presented on two facing sheets of A4 paper (the pages are much bigger than in any other Excel book). You can complete each self-contained lesson in a few minutes.
- Each lesson has a sample file that models a real-world business problem.
- The teaching methods used in the book were developed and refined using over ten years of experience teaching real students Excel skills in classroom courses. The teaching method is fun, absorbing and virtually 100% effective.
- Instruction is logically structured into sessions and lessons. While this makes the book ideal for self-instruction, you can also use it to run your own, highly effective, adult training courses. This has made Smart Method books a popular choice for schools, colleges and universities all over the world.
Advanced concepts are explained without needless technical jargon. Everything is concisely described in a simple, no-nonsense way.
Here is a small selection from the many advanced Excel skills you will learn:
- Visually filter data using Slicers
- Master dynamic tables and structured table references
- Enforce complex business rules using function-driven custom validations
- Perform What-If analysis to model and compare business scenarios
- Use advanced functions to solve real-world business problems
- Create intuitive user interfaces using form controls
- Eliminate errors using Excel’s advanced formula auditing tools
- Understand and use all of Excel’s security features
- Design advanced Pivot Tables
- Create and use dynamic and table-based range names
- Record macros and then execute them from button controls
- Use Excel’s three different sharing methods for efficient teamwork
Companies who have taken Smart Method courses include:
AOL Time Warner, The United States Army, Daimler Chrysler, Motorola, HSBC, Barclays, American Express, Allied Irish Banks, Imperial Tobacco, Volvo, The BBC, British Petroleum, The Foreign and Commonwealth Office, Unilever, The Institute of Chartered Accountants, The Ministry of Defence, Keele University, Deutsche Bank, HBOS, Transport For London, The Performing Rights Society, Scottish Power, The Office of the Parliamentary Ombudsman, BAE Systems, RBS, The British Museum, The National Gallery, Pokerstars, Marks & Spencer, Virgin, O2, BMW… and many, many others.