|This book is also available for Excel 2019, Excel 365, Excel 2016 for Mac and Excel 2019 for Mac.
Here are some of the reasons that you should choose this book to learn Excel 2016:
- It teaches to true Expert level. This book teaches Excel to an extremely high level of competence that is very rarely found in the workplace (even amongst top professionals). At Expert level your skills will be greater and broader than almost all other Excel users and you will understand (and be able to effectively use) absolutely every Excel feature.
- It separates OLAP skills from mainstream Excel skills. Excel 2016 now bundles several OLAP related “Power” tools that could be regarded as separate applications. OLAP and relational modeling skills are covered in three dedicated sessions at the end of the book (covering data modeling, OLAP Pivot Tables, 3D Maps and Get & Transform) rather than being jumbled up with regular Excel lessons.
- It won’t waste your time by teaching basic Excel 2016 skills that you already know. This isn’t a beginner’s book. If you are an absolute beginner you need our Excel 2016 Essential Skills book. By assuming that you are already able to use Excel’s basic features, far more ground can be covered.
- Instruction is logically structured into sessions and lessons. With single, self-contained lessons, this book caters for any self-learning or teaching period. Many learners have learned Excel by setting aside just a few minutes each day to complete a single lesson. Others have worked through the entire book in a single day.
- Smart Method® books are #1 best sellers. Every paper printed Smart Method Excel book (and there have been ten of them starting with Excel 2007) has been an Amazon #1 best seller in its category. This provides you with the confidence that you are using a best-of-breed resource to learn Excel.
- Learning success is guaranteed.For over fifteen years, Smart Method courses have been used by large corporations, government departments and the armed forces to train their employees. The book is ideal for teaching or self-learning because it been constantly refined (during hundreds of classroom courses) by observing which skills students find difficult to understand and then developing simpler and better ways of explaining them. This has made the book effective for students of all ages and abilities.
- It is the book of choice for teachers. As well as catering for those wishing to learn Excel by self-study, Smart Method books have long been the preferred choice for Excel teachers as they are designed to teach Excel and not as reference books. Books follow best-practice adult teaching methodology with clearly defined objectives for each learning session and an exercise to confirm skills transfer.
- It is written in plain English. Advanced concepts are explained without needless technical jargon. Everything is concisely described in a simple, no-nonsense way.
Companies who have taken Smart Method courses include:
The United States Army, Daimler Chrysler, Motorola, HSBC, Barclays, American Express, Allied Irish Banks, Imperial Tobacco, Volvo, BMW, Time Warner, Virgin, Pokerstars, Unilever, Deutsche Bank, The BBC, British Petroleum, The Foreign and Commonwealth Office, The Institute of Chartered Accountants, The Ministry of Defence, Keele University, HBOS, Transport For London, Scottish Power, BAE Systems, RBS, The British Museum, The National Gallery, Marks & Spencer, O2… and many, many others.