|This Excel 2016 e-book is very different to any other computer book you have ever read. The Smart Method provides an entirely new and better way to learn Excel 2016. Here are some of the reasons that you should choose this e-book to learn Excel 2016:
- It is up-to-date. This e-book has been completely updated to match the Excel 2016 January 2018 semi-annual update. This means that the screen grabs will exactly match what you see on your screen and the lessons will be easy to follow. It can be very frustrating to try to learn Excel 2016 using an out-of-date book.
- It has free video walk-throughs for every lesson. This is the only Excel e-book that has a free video walk-through (available here for unlimited free online viewing) for every one of the hands-on lessons.
- It is written in plain English. Advanced concepts are explained without needless technical jargon. Everything is concisely described in a simple, no-nonsense way.
- It teaches to true Expert level. This e-book teaches Excel to an extremely high level of competence that is very rarely found in the workplace (even amongst top professionals). At Expert level your skills will be greater and broader than almost all other Excel users and you will understand (and be able to effectively use) absolutely every Excel feature.
- It covers both versions of Excel. There are now two Windows versions of Excel 2016: Excel 2016 (the pay once version) and Excel 2016 for Office 365 Subscribers (the subscription version). Great care has been taken to avoid confusion caused by the (often huge) differences between the two versions. Where there are differences, you’ll always find them clearly documented within the text of this book.
- It separates OLAP skills from mainstream Excel skills. Excel 2016 now bundles several OLAP related “Power” tools that could be regarded as separate applications. OLAP and relational modeling skills are covered in three dedicated sessions at the end of the book (covering data modeling, OLAP Pivot Tables, 3D Maps and Get & Transform) rather than being jumbled up with regular Excel lessons.
- Smart Method books are best sellers. Every Smart Method Excel book (and there have been eight of them starting with Excel 2007) has been a best seller in its category. This provides you with the confidence that you are using a best-of-breed resource to learn Excel.
- It won’t waste your time by teaching basic Excel 2016 skills that you already know. This isn’t a beginner’s e-book. If you are an absolute beginner you need our Excel 2016 Essential Skills book. By assuming that you are already able to use Excel’s basic features, far more ground can be covered.
- Instruction is logically structured into sessions and lessons. With single, self-contained lessons, the e-books cater for any self-learning or teaching period (from minutes to hours). This makes the e-book ideal for both self-instruction and to teach highly effective, adult training courses.
- Each lesson has a sample file that models a real-world business problem. You’ll immediately appreciate the value and relevance of each skill that you will learn.
Companies who have taken Smart Method courses include:
Time Warner, The United States Army, Daimler Chrysler, Motorola, HSBC, Barclays, American Express, Imperial Tobacco, Volvo, Unilever, BMW, Deutsche Bank, HBOS, The Performing Rights Society, BAE Systems, RBS, Marks & Spencer, Virgin, O2, … and many, many others.