You will repeatedly hear the same criticism of most Excel 2016 books: “you have to already know Excel to understand the book”. This book is different. If you have no previous exposure to Excel 2016, and your only computer skill is using a web browser, you’ll have absolutely no problems working through the lessons. Everything is concisely described in a way that absolutely any student, of any age or ability, can easily understand.
Excel 2016 is a huge application with thousands of features. It could take years of study to master every one of them (and only a tiny number of Excel users ever have). This Essential Skills book makes it easy for absolutely anybody to very rapidly learn Excel 2016 to a standard that will greatly impress most employers because it doesn’t confuse by attempting to teach advanced skills that are not common in the workplace. See the table of contents to review the vast number of Excel skills you will master.
Our Excel 2016 Expert Skills book comprehensively teaches the rarer Excel skills that less than 10% of Excel users typically master (and many office workers will not have a need for). See the Excel 2016 Expert Skills book description here for more information about this follow-on book.
Here are some other reasons that you should choose this book to learn Excel 2016:
- It is up-to-date. This book has been completely updated to match the Excel 2016 January 2018 semi-annual update. This means that the screen grabs will exactly match what you see on your screen and the lessons will be easy to follow. It can be very frustrating to try to learn Excel 2016 using an out-of-date book.
- It has a free video walk-through for every lesson. This is the only Excel book that has a free video walk-through (available here for unlimited free online viewing) for every one of the hands-on lessons.
- It covers both versions of Excel. There are now two Windows versions of Excel 2016: Excel 2016 (the pay-once version) and Excel 2016 for Office 365 Subscribers (the subscription version). Great care has been taken to avoid confusion caused by the differences between the two versions. Where there are differences, you’ll always find them clearly documented within the text of the book.
- Smart Method books are best sellers. Every Smart Method Excel book (and there have been eight of them starting with Excel 2007) has been an Amazon best seller in its category. This provides you with the confidence that you are using a best-of-breed resource to learn Excel.
- It is the book of choice for teachers. As well as catering for those wishing to learn Excel by self-study, Smart Method books have long been the preferred choice for Excel teachers as they are designed to teach Excel and not as reference books. Books follow best-practice adult teaching methodology with clearly defined objectives for each learning session and an exercise to confirm skills transfer. With single, self-contained lessons, the books cater for any teaching or self-learning period (from minutes to hours).
- Each lesson has a sample file that models a real-world business problem. You’ll immediately appreciate the value and relevance of each skill that you will learn.
Companies who have taken Smart Method courses include:
AOL Time Warner, The United States Army, Daimler Chrysler, Motorola, HSBC, Barclays, American Express, Allied Irish Banks, Imperial Tobacco, Volvo, The BBC, British Petroleum, The Foreign and Commonwealth Office, Unilever, The Institute of Chartered Accountants, The Ministry of Defence, Keele University, Deutsche Bank, HBOS, Transport For London, The Performing Rights Society, Scottish Power, The Office of the Parliamentary Ombudsman, BAE Systems, RBS, Marks & Spencer, Virgin, O2, BMW… and many, many others.