This Excel 2007 book is for users who want to upgrade their basic Excel 2007 skills to true expert level. It will teach you to master all of Excel 2007’s advanced features. If you are an absolute beginner you need our Excel 2007 Essential Skills book.
The book is very, very different to any other computer book you have ever read. The Smart Method provides an entirely new and better way to master advanced Excel 2007 features. Here’s just four of the many ways in which the book is unique:
- This book won’t waste your time by teaching basic Excel skills that you already know. All of that material is covered already in our beginner’s Essential Skills book. By assuming that you are already able to use Excel’s basic features, far more ground can be covered.
- Instruction is logically structured into sessions and lessons. While this makes the book ideal for self-instruction, you can also use it to run your own, highly effective, adult training courses.
- Every lesson is presented on two facing sheets of A4 paper (the pages are much bigger than in any other Excel book).
- Each lesson has a sample file that models a real-world business problem. You’ll immediately appreciate the value and relevance of each skill you learn.
Advanced concepts are explained without needless technical jargon. Everything is concisely described in a simple, no-nonsense way. No matter what your background is, this book will enable you to master Excel 2007’s most advanced features in a fraction of the time needed when learning from conventional text books.
Amongst other things you’ll learn how to:
- Master Excel 2007’s new dynamic tables
- Enforce complex business rules using function-driven custom validations
- Perform What-If analysis to model and compare business scenarios
- Use advanced functions to solve real-world business problems
- Eliminate errors using Excel’s advanced formula auditing tools
- Create intuitive user interfaces using form controls
- Use Excel’s three different file sharing methods for efficient teamwork
- Record macros and then execute them from button controls
- Understand and use all of Excel’s security features
- Design advanced Pivot Tables and Pivot Charts
- Use your Excel skills to publish a complete web site from a workbook
- Create and use dynamic and table-based range names
Companies who have taken Smart Method courses include:
AOL Time Warner, The United States Army, Daimler Chrysler, Motorola, HSBC, Barclays,American Express, Allied Irish Banks, Imperial Tobacco, Volvo, The BBC, British Petroleum, The Foreign and Commonwealth Office, Unilever, The Institute of Chartered Accountants, The Ministry of Defence, Keele University, Deutsche Bank, HBOS, Transport For London, The Performing Rights Society, Scottish Power, The Office of the Parliamentary Ombudsman, BAE Systems, RBS, Marks & Spencer, Virgin, O2, BMW… and many, many others…